Quick Breakfast Ideas to Keep You Full and Energized
You’ve probably heard it before, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!” This isn’t just some trite proverb, instead, it is a proven fact that eating breakfast has more positive effects on us than any other meal. For starters, eating breakfast not only wakes up our brains but it also wakes up our metabolism, which means that it becomes more productive in burning calories throughout the day. Further, breakfast paves the way for an energetic day marked by greater productivity and focus, and studies have even shown that those who eat breakfast are more likely to be able to curve wicked, unhealthy cravings and exercise appropriate portion control throughout the day.
So we know that breakfast is good for us but what actually constitutes as a “good breakfast”? Well, there are a few essentials to incorporate into your morning meals in order to ensure those extra 15 minutes spent whipping up a morning bite will be well worth it in nutritious benefits. Such are proteins, (Whole grain) carbs, fiber, and fruits and/or vegetables. This may seem like a lot but in fact eating a well-balanced breakfast doesn’t have to be too complicated nor time-consuming. Here is a list of three delicious breakfast items that can all be prepared in under 15 minutes.
You absolutely cannot go wrong with a smoothie in the morning because it is a tasty way to sneak in a serving of your veggies, fruits, and protein all in one drink. Here is a tropical smoothie blend we like to call, Tropical Garden Breeze.
3 slices of mango
3 slices of pineapples
1 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup of coconut milk
2 Tbsp of vanilla Greek yogurt
1 Handful of Spinach and Kale Mix
Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend. Serve. Enjoy! (8 Mins)
Total time: 8 mins
**Additional tips & tricks
- Top with some crushed almonds or oats for a crunchier, nutritious smoothie.
- If having a smoothie for breakfast it’s a good idea to accompany it with some additional carbs so that you feel more satisfied for longer. A rice cake or piece of toast with some avocado or peanut butter spread can do the trick!
This is an awesome choice because it incorporates everything in the breakfast essentials list and it’s absolutely scrumptious! It honestly tastes too good to be healthy but trust us, it is!
- 1/2 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1 tsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla or Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Flatbread
- Almond or Peanut Butter
- 1/2 a Banana (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of berries of your chose (cut up)
- Chia Seeds (Optional)
- Granola or Nuts (Optional)
- Bring Almond Milk, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Vanilla, and Salt to a Boil. Stir in Rolled Oats. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat. (5 mins)
- Warm the flatbread in the oven. (2 mins)
- Once the flatbread is done spread some almond butter or peanut butter over it. Add cooled oatmeal and fruits to the wrap. 2 mins
- Sprinkle chia seeds, nuts, or granola for some additional fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Wrap and Enjoy! (2 min)
Total Time: 11 Mins
Egg and Spinach Wrap
Whether they are scrambled, boiled, or poached, eggs are always a great breakfast idea. This wrap is a good way to add an extra kick to an already delicious breakfast item.
1 1/2 Cups of Vegetables of your choice (Onions, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Etc.)
1 Cheese or
1 Spoon of Avacado
- Lightly oil pan, wait until the pan is hot. Add in Vegetables. Let Saute for about 2-3 Minutes. Add in Beat Eggs. Scramble as Desired. Take Pan off the burner. (4 mins)
- Warm wrap in the oven for about 2 mins. Line with cheese or spread avocado on the wrap. (4 mins)
- Add in scrambled Eggs and spinach, then wrap. (2 Mins)
Total Time: 10 Mins
Again, all of these recipes can be made under fifteen minutes- that’s all it takes to ensure that your day is off to a good start where you’ll be filled and energized… that is until lunch time at least.
We hope this helped you! Let us know what other eating tips or food ideas you would like to read in the comments below.