Christian Filmmakers Launches New Studio, Announces 4 New Movies
A year after the premier of their faith-based hit I Can Only Imagine, filmmakers Jon and Andrew Erwin has just announced the launch of Kingdom Studios, which will bring together Christian filmmakers under one banner to produce two faith-based theatrical films a year.
“The dream of Kingdom Studios is simple: to create a media company dedicated to telling life-changing stories by empowering incredible artists and creatives,” said Jon Erwin.
Creating quality Christian films is more than a hobby for these two brothers. They believe it is an opportunity to take the gospel around the world to locations that otherwise would reject it. “China showed I Can Only Imagine,” he said, “even though the country places restrictions on Christianity. China wanted the film because it was a hit.”
Backing Kingdom Studios is Lionsgate, a highly successful production company already known to produce high quality work such as The Hunger Games, Rambo, and The Day After Tomorrow.
The studio’s first four movies are as follows:
– I Still Believe (March 2020) will tell the true-life story of Christian musician Jeremy Camp and his first wife, Melissa, who died of cancer.
– Jesus Revolution (Late 2020) will chronicle the true story of the spiritual awakening among young hippies in Southern California back in 1970.
– Apostles: Resurrection of Christ (2021) will be a trilogy which follows the lives of the disciples according to the New Testament Bible.
– The Drummer Boy (2021) A musical that is being developed in association with the Christian group for King & Country.
Editor at Christian En Vogue
Kesha Dorisma is the visionary behind Christian En Vogue. She is deeply and utterly in love with Jesus Christ and she is passionate about sharing his love to the masses of this world and making his name famous! Outside of writing she is also a photographer and she loves fashion, singing and dancing, and working out before eating sushi and pizza!
Latest posts by Kesha Dorisma (see all)
- Reach Records Signs First Female Artist, Wande - April 13, 2019
- Bethel’s Amanda Lindsey Cook Releases New Album ‘House on a Hills’ - March 31, 2019
- Ciara: ‘It Took a Lot of Prayer’ To Save Sex For Marriage - March 29, 2019