Beauty Secrets: Fave Two-Ingredient DIY Toner
Toners are a beauty and skin care staple. Being the middle-man between a good ol’ face wash and moisturizing, toning the skin is a crucial and important step in your beauty regime as it has many benefits. These benefits include, but limited to, reducing pores, promoting a smooth and even skin tone and texture, and restoring the skin’s natural PH balance.
With the myriad of different product options, choosing the right toner for you skin can get to be not only overwhelming but also quite costly. Not to mention, most toners found on the shelves are filled with unpronounceable ingredients that you may have never heard of, yet your taking a chance with experimenting it on one of your biggest organ, your skin.
This may be great for the risk-takers out there but for those of us who like to know and control what goes on to our skin, an alternative to buying industrialized products, is making your own natural products at the comfort and security of your home.
With that said, doing this doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact it can be as simple as using two ingredients, water and…….. wait for it….
Yup, that’s all you’ll need to create a quick and effective toner for glowing and healthy skin.
Benefits of Basil
Basil is known to have many detoxifying benefits for the skin due to all its antibacterial components. It reaches down into the pores and unclogs them. It is gentle enough for sensitive skin yet also powerful enough to fight even the toughest acne. Other benefits of basil include fighting fine lines, brightening skin complexion, soothing skin, and stimulating circulation.
So let’s get to it!
All you’ll need is:
- 3 tablespoons of dried basil leaves or a handful of fresh basil leaves
- Boiling Water: 1 cup
2. Cover and let the basil steep until the water reaches room temperature. This will probably take around 20 to 30 minutes in total. This allows all the basil to release its natural oils into the water for maximum benefit. When through, use a fine-mesh strainer to strain out basil and pour the remaining potent green color water into a plasitc bottle of your choice.
3. To use, moisten a cotton pad with the toner and sweep in upward motions on your face after cleansing in the morning and evening. Leave in the refrigerator for up to seven days before making a new batch.
This simple concoction will leave your skin feeling so refreshed and alive and to be honest, even if you are a bit skeptical of this recipe, I think it’s too simple not give it a try!
Latest posts by Kesha Dorisma (see all)
- Joseph Solomon on Why Your Eating Habits Matter to God - May 10, 2018
- Beauty Secrets: Fave Two-Ingredient DIY Toner - March 13, 2018
- Steffany Gretzinger Of Bethel Music To Release 2nd Album “Black Out” - March 10, 2018