A Letter From The Editor
Dead religion can no longer sate the thirst that I have. Quoted scriptures, washed out hymns, and a list of can and can’t do’s has ceased to quench that longing I have for an intimate connection with my Creator, nor can they answer the countless questions I have about the truth of life. This is not a war on God, this is a war on Religion! It’s about time that we as Christ followers rebel against Religion and fight for the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what it really means to be a Christian!
Hi, My name is Kesha Dorisma. God and I have had a long and bumpy relationship history over the years. In fact, if God had a Facebook, for many years our relationship status would’ve been, “It’s complicated”. Despite that, I decided to surrender and commit my life to him for the final time about four years ago. At the time I was lost and confused. I was running away from God and I was searching for myself, love, and purpose, not realizing that all those things were in Him. Being in college at the time and being presented with so many theologies and religions made me confused yet eager to find the truth about God. I had gone from being a Christian to an agnostic, then to a polytheist, and the further I got from Christ the more lost and depressed I felt. I prayed to God on several occasions and said something like this “God I know you are out there somewhere, but I don’t know if you are who these Christians say you are. Either way, reveal yourself to me. I am willing to serve you but I need to know that you are who you say you are. “It took a few months for Him to show up but He did in a mighty way that I may say that I MET Jesus. It was only after that was I truly and happily able to surrender myself to him and call him Lord. It is my wish that everyone would be able to meet Jesus and encounter His love and Mercy the same way I did because I am confident that anyone who has my experience will never doubt Him or want to live a day without Him again.
Christian En Vogue was conceived during intimacy with the Holy Spirit and I am proud to say that I am officially ready to give birth! When I first decided to surrender my life to Christ I was so afraid to give up “Me”. I was always into the arts and things such as music, fashion and such. I thought that converting meant I would have to change my wardrobe to a dull and boring attire and I would be constrained to only listening to a certain type of music. God started showing me that was the last thing He wanted. Though He started working on me about covering up more, He continued to encourage me to express myself and my individuality through fashion, and art even to the point where people would be surprised to learn that I am Christian (not because of the way I acted but because of the way I look).
I want to break the stereotype of how Christians are “supposed” to look and what we are “supposed” to like. I also wish to break the stereotype that being a Christian is boring. Coming to Christ is the best decision I’ve ever made in my life and I have so much joy and pleasure from it that I wish to share that pleasure with my readers.
The magazine is broken down into five different sections as follows:
- Spiritual. Here we have advice and encouragement to help you and guide you on your spiritual journey! We will also feature fresh revelations and ideas as the Holy Spirit leads.
- Life- because this spiritual journey would be a lot easier if we didn’t have to also deal with this thing called Life. This section will focus on tips on how to manage and balance all the flowers and stones that Life may throw at us.
- Fashion– From trend alerts to outfit suggestions, Christian En Vogue will keep you in the know about what’s hot in fashion while filtering out all the ungodly trends for you.
- Healthy Living– We are a three-part being- a body, soul, and spirit and as Christians, we tend to focus on the latter two while neglecting the former. That should not be. We will be featuring tips for eating well along with exercise routines and tips.
- Music and Art_ God is the creator of ALL things. He is the ultimate creator meaning there is nothing that can be created that is greater than what God can create and that includes Art. We want to prove that just because it is “Christian Music” or “Christian Art” does not mean we have to sacrifice goodness for the sake of being Holy. Christian music and art can be just as good, if not better than worldly music.
I am so glad that you have made it to this new site. Don’t stop at this article! I encourage you to browse some more. Also, feel free to leave some questions or comments and don’t hesitate to share anything that you enjoyed reading.
And lastly, please do not leave without subscribing to our newsletter so that you may stay up to date all things Christian and all things En Vogue.
I honor you, and God Bless You!
Latest posts by Kesha Dorisma (see all)
- When God Doesn’t Make Sense - November 24, 2018
- Practical Ways to Win Souls For Christ - September 30, 2018
- Joseph Solomon on Why Your Eating Habits Matter to God - May 10, 2018