1 Hour Morning Routine: Pray Then Slay
We all have days where we are pressed for time and end up running out of the house without acknowledging God and barely looking remotely put together. We often wonder how we can possibly fit in a decent amount of time with God and manage to look presentable all before leaving the house in the morning. Here is an hour routine that will show you that you don’t need a lot of time to get things done!
Put a timer on for each part for 10 minutes so you can focus and not worry about passing the time. If you’re really pressed for time do each part for 5 minutes. There’s no time that is too short to spend with God.
- 10 minutes of Prayer
- 10 minutes of Worship
- 10 minutes of journaling what the Holy Spirit is speaking to you or of reading the word
Your soul will thank you for seeking God first each morning. Whether it be grace, provision, protection, or whatever else, the father will always break off a piece of daily bread for you when you seek him.
A little makeup goes a long way and it doesn’t have to take forever to do! Below are the products I use every morning and in the order I put them on. With some practice, you can master this simple ten-step routine and be ready in less than 20 minutes.
- Dampen your beauty blender and dry it in a paper towel. Leave it aside for now.
- Prep your face with some primer. I mainly put it on my T-Zone since those are my oily spots, but feel free to apply it to your whole face for smooth application.
- Apply the brow gel and do your brows with the brow pencil. To give your brows a sharper look outline them with concealer and blend it out with a flat eyeshadow brush.
- After brows, dot some foundation on your face. Enough to get all sections of your face covered with a thin layer. Blend the foundation out with the damp beauty blender, pouncing the sponge around your face so the product is seeping into the skin instead of being rubbed around on your face.
- Next, put on concealer under your eyes and forehead exactly how you see it in the example below. Blend that out with your beauty blender, again pouncing the sponge, pushing the product into your skin.
- Still using your beauty blender, apply powder underneath the eyes, forehead, nose, and chin. This will help to smooth out your skin and keep the foundation and concealer in place.
- With an angled face brush apply bronzer as shown in the example.
- Now get the fluffy face brush and apply some blush on the cheeks.
- With the same brush apply some highlight on the upper cheekbones, temples, and bridge of your nose. To give my lids some dimension I usually grab a fluffy eyeshadow brush and sweep some bronzer into the crease.
- Lastly, for eyes, add some highlight to your tear ducts, put on some mascara, and blend it all in with your beauty blender!
Latest posts by Melanie Diaz (see all)
- 1 Hour Morning Routine: Pray Then Slay - October 29, 2018
- Tips On Modesty (That Has Little To Do With Clothes) - October 5, 2018
- Wardrobe Basic For The Summer: A Bodysuit - August 2, 2018